Thursday, November 5, 2009

Swedish candy news!

nyhetermarabou09

I recently noticed quite a few news in the candy aisle, and of course I tried them all. All in the blog readers best interest, of course! Of course!

So - first, chocolate. Marabou is the Swedish chocolate giant, and they had three new flavors. "Vinter" is the most exciting in my opinion - it's their signature milk chocolate, studded with crunchy cacao nibs and flavored with ginger, cardamom and cloves. It's very, very winter-y and gives a great christmas feeling, without being over the top gingerbread-y. I love to keep this one in the fridge, it's much tastier when cold. (Incidentally, "Sommar" was milk chocolate with freeze-dried strawberries.)

Then they have two new filled chocolate bars. Toffee & Walnut is very, very sweet and would have been much better with more walnut bits. As it is, it's a walnut-flavored toffee, and tiny bits of nuts. My bar was also quite crushed, which was disappointing, but other than that, I liked it. Raspberry & Yogurt has tiny pieces of freeze-dried raspberries which makes for a nice texture. I liked this one - it's also quite sweet, but not too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment