Saturday, January 9, 2010

Take-home sushi

nekosushiathome

I've promised it several years now, but still haven't gotten around to it - making sushi, that is. And you know what? I don't think I will. I really doubt it's worth the trouble - it's too hard to get the good ingredients and they cost a lot, so I think I'll stick to buying my sushi when the craving hits. I'm picky though - but luckily, I rather like the sushi nearest to me, Neko Sushi. It's a chain, and they're not remarkable, but they're definitely fresh, clean and well, good enough. I really don't like nori at all, so I never order any rolls. (If I liked rolls, it would definitely be worth making them at home, but alas, I don't.) My favorite is salmon, and sometimes shrimp. I only like tuna if it's REALLY good, and the one at Neko isn't. Avocado is ok once in a while, but I have to remove the strip of nori first.

What are your sushi habits? Do you eat it often? Make it yourself? Favorite pieces? Discuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment