Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Candy: Rocky Road

leilasrockyroad

My first christmas candy this year! (Well, not counting those delicious espresso caramels - I'll try to make another batch of those.) This idea comes from Swedish cook Leila Lindholm, who is pretty much Sweden's answer to Nigella Lawson. I don't watch the show - I always miss it, incredible really - but her books are lovely, and her recipes are always good. I changed the quantities here to make a small batch rather than a big one, but it's not a very exact recipe so feel free to change it as you see fit.

Dumle is a Swedish candy, soft chewy caramels with milk chocolate. I believe Rolos are similar? Use whatever soft (but not runny) caramel candy you can find. And do use really dark chocolate, or this will be horribly sweet.

Rocky Road

-175 g dark chocolate
-45 g salted peanuts
-90 g Dumle caramels (cut in half if they're on the large side)
-30 g pistachios (unsalted)
-30 g marshmallows (cut into smaller pieces, or use miniature ones)

Melt the chocolate - in a microwave, or in a double boiler. Stir in everything else. Pour into a lined tin (this makes a pretty small batch, so you need a pretty small tin) and place it in the fridge so it sets. Take it out and cut it into pieces. Store in the fridge - I think it'll melt a bit if it's left out, but I haven't tried.

Recipe in Swedish:
Rocky Road

No comments:

Post a Comment