Friday, April 28, 2006

Fame!


Radishes and Cheese

Oh, well, almost anyway. I've had some exciting blog-related things happening this week. The main one: I picked up the latest issue of the digital photography magazine Kamera & Bild only to find that they had published some of my food photos! I had sent in a couple of pictures to be judged by a professional food photographer (the very talented Matilda Lindeblad) and lo and behold: she chose three of them to be published! And, she also had some very kind and helpful comments. In general, she thought I should put more efforts into my Photoshop work. And I agree with her. That's really not my strong point.

What makes my food photography different from hers - hrm, well, one of the things at least - is that I put maybe five minutes, tops, into any given picture. Because after that, I eat it. She can spend hours perfecting a plating - it won't show if the food is cold. However, I can't really fiddle around too much with the actual picture taking. So that's a good reason to learn more about post-processing. Anyway. These are the three pictures that were published. (Click on them to see the recipes.)


Caramels with sea salt


Meadow Food Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment