Friday, June 16, 2006

Pimm's



It's summer, so I drink Pimm's. This great little beverage was introduced to me last summer, at a food blogger picnic in Henley, outside London. It was love at first sip.

Actually, it was love way before that. See, in many of my English novels - Jilly Cooper especially comes to mind - all the characters drink Pimm's in the summer. And I was always wondering, longing to try it. No Pimm's in Sweden, you see. So it was pretty great to finally get to try it. I bought a couple of bottles to bring home, and we're working our way through them. Good thing I have another London trip planned this summer, because I seriously need to re-stock!

How do you make it, you might ask? Well, I have no idea what's in the bottle - a secret mix, apparently - but you just take that, mix with lemonade of some sort (I use Sprite or 7-up) and toss in a bunch of cut-up fruit like strawberries and oranges. And don't forget the cucumber, it's essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment