Sunday, October 1, 2006

Chocolate Pots



I've actually written about Nigella's Chocolate Pots before, but they're well worth repeating, especially since I forgot to take a picture that time. I made these the other night as a small and simple dessert. Unfortunately, I used lower-fat milk and didn't have time to let them set for more than four hours, so they were a bit runnier than I remembered. But lesson learned, I will have more time, and better milk, next time.

A note on my cups. I love these gorgeous little porcelain cups that look just like cheapie plastic cups that have been scrunched up. I first saw them in one of the Nigella books when it came out, and looked for them everywhere. I finally found them (this was some years ago) in a small store that had all kinds of interesting things, as far as interior design goes. I promptly bought them, ignoring Per who was whining about their surpreme ugliness the whole time. (He still hates them.) Now, they became popular about a year ago, and I've seen them in several places, and several colors and several sizes.. but mine are the original. I do take some pleasure in that.

Chocolate Pots
serves 4

175 g dark chocolate
1 egg
100 ml milk (full-fat!)
150 ml cream (full-fat here too, heavy cream or double cream, or whatever it might be called in your country.)
cinnamon
itty bitty pinch of allspice, ginger or cardamom

Blitz the chocolate in a food processor. Heat milk and cream until almost boiling, then add spices. Pour into the food processor, hang on for a second or two, then blitz for 30 seconds. Add the egg, blitz again. Pour into small cups and let set in the fridge for at least six hours.

Chokladkräm

No comments:

Post a Comment