Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fontana Olive Oils



What kind of olive oil do you use? Me, I use whatever I find, really. Or well, I'm a bit discriminating, having a few trusted brands that I choose among. But I'm not picky. Nor do I seek out more special kinds.

But maybe I should? I got these four beauties in the mail this summer, a gift from a fellow blogger over at FastFoodLovers (Swedish, despite the name) and I'm pretty impressed. It's a collection from Fontana, an olive oil importer, and the exciting thing about them is that they're single origin. They're named Kreta, Kalamata and Lakonia (and Original), and they have different characters. Some are softer and mild, others - Kalamata! - are much more assertive. I like getting to experiment, but I do admit, I haven't done a proper olive oil tasting. I don't like it *that* much. But it's great in food. And from now on, I will try to always have at least two kinds at home - or maybe three.

No comments:

Post a Comment