Thursday, June 28, 2007

Brussels, more positive!

pierremarcolini2


Re-reading last night's post, I was a bit whiny. Well, for good reason, but still! The trip in total *was* good - great even. And especially all my travel companions!

And I bought chocolate! A mixed box for myself, orangettes for Per and fresh marshmallow with vanilla for.. me. Well. I wasn't much in the mood for shopping, or I'd have bought more, but I couldn't resist the lure of the supposedly very best chocolatier in town.

pierremarcolini1
Goodies from Pierre Marcolini

As far as taking photos, I was a bad food blogger. I rarely remembered to photograph before I ate, and in some cases, not at all. And I don't really know where we ate - nowhere super special so it's not hugely important.

laitrusse
Lait Russe, which is as far as I can tell the closest I'd come to what we in Sweden call a Caffé Latte. At a small café opposite the Berlaymont where the European Commission sits.

carbonarabryssel
A really tasty Spaghetti Carbonara. That totally hit the spot.

brysselfrukost
Breakfast, at a rather nice place on Place Luxembourg, with big baskets of great sourdough bread and several spreads and jams available.

brysseldinner1
Dinner after that first night of rushed shopping. A big steak, fries, sauce béarnaise. Good stuff.

brysselcremebrulee
And dessert, of course. A crème brûlée, nice, but a little teeny bit burnt on top.

brysselcappuccino
Not what I'd call a cappuccino, but that's what we got everywhere when we ordered it. So I suppose it does come with whipped cream and chocolate on top, in Brussels. Well. It also came with Speculoos, which was very nice. (All coffee was served with these spicy little cookies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment