Friday, June 8, 2007

Quinoa-otto

quinoa-otto

Someone suggested I'd try to make something risotto-ish with quinoa. Hmm. Interesting. I don't think quinoa seeds take very well to the absortion method used for risotto (and that can be used for pasta, too!) but I might be wrong. Anyway, I just boiled some quinoa, fried up some bacon, onions, garlic, mushrooms and corn, mixed it all together, added a little bit of cream and parmesan, and finished with basil and black pepper. Good? Yes indeed! A risotto? No, of course not. It doesn't have nearly the same creaminess, but it *is* a good way to eat quinoa, if you get tired of all those cold salads I usually make.

For Swedish-readers, the round-up for Cyberkocken is now up - here!

And I have a new item on my wishlist. *sigh* Nicole wrote about Wilton Portable Cake Caddy - and now I want one, too! Problem? Not sold in Sweden, shipping from Ebay costs an arm and a leg, and Wilton doesn't ship internationally. And I don't want it bad enough to jump through hoops, so I suppose I'll be lusting from a distance. But it sure does look good, and a lot more affordable than the Tupperware version.

No comments:

Post a Comment