Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Leftover deliciousness

fennel-chicken-feta

I was having dinner by myself a few nights ago. Not something which happens a whole lot, but once in a while. I rarely cook for myself, but instead I turn to comforting easy things - and I have to admit, I often use shortcuts. (Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup is a favorite) For this particular little wonder-in-a-bowl, I used up leftovers.

-Half a fennel bulb, cut up into pieces and fried in olive oil and a tiny pinch of sugar until very caramelized and crunchy-chewy.
-A little bit of leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded.
-A spoonful of crumbled feta cheese.
-A small handful of corn (frozen).

I shared with the tiny kittens - Kitty wasn't interested, as human food seems completely uninteresting to her, but Klara loved this. She particularly enjoyed the fennel, which I found quite strange. (No, I don't let my cats eat lots of food except their own kibble, but I do let them taste things once in a while. Especially when they're very insistent, in this case, hanging from the bowl...)

No comments:

Post a Comment