Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Lemonade!



I've always loved lemonade. However, it's not a very common drink in Sweden - you can't buy it in the stores (at least not the usual ones) so I mostly got hooked on it (like with so many other things, sigh) when I've been abroad. And for some reason, I never tried making my own. Until I saw this perfect little recipe over at Tülin's blog! It looked so simple... and guess what - it was simple. And absolutely delicious. A keeper!

I had a couple of limes that needed using up, so I threw them in - it worked very well. You can use any quantity of lemons, just add about 100 g of sugar for each lemon. I added about 50 g each for the limes, they were large and quite tart. Also, Tülin specifies to use thin-skinned lemons - but as I couldn't find any, I worked with what was in the store. And that seemed ok, too.

Lemonade

4 lemons
2 limes
500 g sugar

Clean the fruits very well. Cut them into small dice - don't peel them first, just cut them into dice. Place in a big bowl, and add the sugar. Stir well. Cover with a cloth, and leave at room temperature over night. Next day, all the juices will be released, and you have concentrated lemonade. Pass through a sieve, squeezing on the citrus bits to release all their liquid, and then filter through a coffee filter to make sure it's all clear liquid. Store in the fridge, and when you want to drink, simply mix a spoonful with as much water (regular or carbonated) as you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment