Sunday, August 13, 2006

Blog Party # 13: Pea Chèvre Crostini and Watermelon Agua



I've never managed to participate in Blog Party before (or have I? I can't remember, but I don't *think* so...) so this time, I'll come early. This event is hosted by Stephanie at Dispensing Happiness, and the theme is no-cook. This little appetizer has served me and my friends well this summer. It takes mere minutes to put together, and it's a real conversation piece due to it's appearance. I usually ask people to try a piece before telling them that the green stuff? Yes, it's peas. and it's been successful so far.

I made it with broad beans the first time, but it works well with peas too. I use frozen ones, just leaving to thaw for a few minutes. The recipe is from a magazine - I *think* it was Good Food, but I'm not completely sure.

You can top them off with a little chopped mint. I used that the first time, but I didn't really like the flavor combination.

Pea Chèvre Crostini
Makes 20 crostini

-100 g green peas or broad beans (peeled). Thawed if using frozen, blanched if using fresh.
-1-2 cloves of garlic, peeled
-olive oil
-salt
-pepper
-50 g chèvre cheese
-20 crostini
-fresh mint, optional

Put peas (or broad beans) and garlic in a small bowl, and blend with an immersion blender. (Or use a food processor.) Add olive oil until you have a smooth paste, and season with salt and pepper. Keep cool until ready to eat.

Spread on crostini and top with crumbled chèvre, and if you'd like, a sprinkling of fresh mint. Serve right away so the crostini won't become soggy.



Stephanie also asked for a coctail. Well, I've been leaning towards non-alcoholic while it's been so hot, and a real cooler has been the Watermelon Agua. It's simple - just blend watermelon flesh, a bit of sugar and water in a blender, and let it run through a filter to get rid of the slushy bits. (Or don't - they're good too.) Mix in the juice of a lime, and then lots of cool water. Perfect.

Crostini med bondbönor och chèvre

No comments:

Post a Comment