Thursday, August 3, 2006

Tacos



Tacos is a big deal in Sweden. It's something many families enjoy on the weekend, as a special treat. It's a far cry from actually Mexican food though, but it's still good. Remember, we don't have any Mexicans in Sweden (well, hardly) so it's just not that genuine. And we, sadly, don't have any Mexican fast food. (Taco Bell, are you listening??) I remember ten years ago, when my US friend Rebecca visited me. We were at a festival, and there was a taco stand.. and the guys working there were typically tall, blond, blue-eyed Swedes. In sombreros. Rebecca just couldn't stop laughing about that one.

We eat tacos, or something along those lines (usually quesadillas) quite often. I recently got to be part of a focus group about tacos, and it was a lot of fun. We got two "taco dinner kits" sent home, and then we were supposed to cook them, the way we normally would, eat, and then fill in a form. And we got a tiny disposable camera to document the whole thing. I used my own camera too, so that you'd get a look of what it's normally like here - lots of little bowls with stuff, and then it's "build-your-own". Not in the picture, but a necessity: Taco Bell Mild Sauce. Yes, I take oodles of the stuff with me when I'm in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment