Thursday, November 23, 2006

Got a good recipe for sweet potato something?



I am planning my Thanksgiving dinner - it'll be on Sunday. Yes, I know it's a bit off - but hey, it's not really a holiday here. Anyway. Here's what I know so far:

-gingerbread swirls with blue cheese

-turkey
-roast potatoes
-gravy
-apple chutney
-lingonberry jam
-cornbread
-honey saffron bread (very, very yummy)
-brussel sprouts with feta cheese and almonds
-crunchy salad with fennel and apples

-frozen chocolate mousse cake for dessert

So. What's missing? I ran this by mom, and she said sadly "what, nothing with sweet potatoes?" I skipped it last year, too, after the first year's rather disastrous sweet potato bake with miniature marshmallows that took over the oven. It was not a big hit. But mom apparently has a fond memory of it, and well - I'd like to try something else.

However, I'd really prefer something that can either be prepared in advance, or that doesn't have to be prepared in the oven. At least not at the same time as everything else, i e right before eating. Any ideas? Maybe a simple mash? Bring on your favorites!

And, if you're wondering - neither stuffing nor cranberry sauce was very popular in my family either, so we're skipping those, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment