Friday, January 26, 2007

A Friday Treat



I'm often asked if my husband cooks, too. And the answer? A resounding yes. He sure does. Maybe not as often as I do, but quite a bit. Mostly, we cook together - I like having company in the kitchen, even though I'm usually "in charge".

And he's recently gotten into the habit of once a week cooking me dinner, a nice dinner. He plans, shops and cooks, and cleans up. And I really appriciate it - as much as I like cooking, it's nice not to have to do anything at all once in a while.

So, in the picture above, you see a parmawrapped chicken breast filled with basil and halloumi, and a bulgur salad with zucchini. The sauce is a simple mix of yogurt and sambal oelek, with a bit of mustard.



And dessert was poached pears with a quick chocolate mousse. Delicious!

Tonight, I'm off to a conference, but he has big plans for tomorrow night...

No comments:

Post a Comment