Monday, January 1, 2007

Scrambled eggs with Crème Fraîche



Let's start the new year in style - with a good breakfast. For weekends, I love doing crispy fried bacon and scrambled eggs - in fact, I often skip the bacon and go straight for the eggs, but as they're a match made in heaven, it's nice to do both, if you've got the time. And on New Year's Day, there's not much else to do.

I'm spending the rest of the day relaxing on the couch, and watching my favorite movie that's shown every New Year's Day - Ivanhoe. We were at a great party yesterday, and were fed delicious food. I'm planning on making homemade Macaroni & Cheese tonight - as much as I'm a fan of Kraft's, I better have a back-up, because I'm running out of boxes. And besides, Kevin is hosting a special event. And I want to try out Jamie Oliver's recipe from his new book - which was one of my christmas presents.

These scrambled eggs use crème fraîche, which is just utterly delicious - but you can use any dairy product, really. It's great with cream or milk, too. Do serve with crispy bacon (10 minutes in a hot oven does wonders!) and some roasted tomatoes.

Scrambled eggs with Crème Fraîche
Serves 2

4 eggs
3 tbsp crème fraîche
salt (preferably a really tasty one - I have a lovely French salt with dried cepes, yum.)
1 tbsp butter

Melt the butter in a wide saucepan, on medium heat. Beat the eggs and the crème fraîche together, and salt well. Add to the hot butter, and fry slowly on low-medium heat, stirring all the time, until you have a big pan of creamy, pale yellow goodness.

Recipe in Swedish:
Äggröra med Crème Fraîche

No comments:

Post a Comment