Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cookbook Watch: Café Operas Cocktail Book

Café Opera-Drinkbok_GR070628

Time for another cookbook in Swedish! This one is different in several ways. First, it's the first cocktail book to come out in quite a while. Second, it's the first good cocktail book I've seen in a *very* long time. Third, it's the first book by famous Stockholm hotspot Café Opera. And fourth, it came with a party.

Me and a lot of other people were invited to a release party at - of course - Café Opera. We were treated to many, many of the drinks from the book, and a buffet to go with it. Mind you, this was in the afternoon, and I had a meeting to attend, so I only carefully sipped a few cocktails, but tastewise, I'd have been more than happy to stay there all night!

bramble

This one is called a Bramble, and made with, among other things, blackberry liquor and gin.

blueberrysour

Here's a Blueberry Sour, with vanilla vodka, lemon and blueberry liquor. Very, very yummy.

plockmat cafeopera

The food. Nice, but not spectacular.

drinkbord cafeopera

Our table after a little while - I sat with some girls from Allt Om Mat, one of Sweden's largest food magazines. If you notice the martini glasses, with the etched lines? We each got one of those. I was very excited, as it was the very glasses I had fallen in love with, and had promptly put on my wishlist. So now at least I have one! (Orrefors Street.)

So, about the book then. I have to say - I really, really, really like it. It has great recipes, they're easy to understand, and it's a good mix of old favorites and new more innovative drinks. And it's categorized into "vodka drinks", "gin drinks", "rum drinks", "champagne drinks" etc - I like that. This book would make a great gift for the aspiring bartender!

It's only available in Swedish - at least for now - and it's published by Ica Bokförlag. Link to Adlibris, bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment