Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Garlic, Lime & Ginger Chickpeas

chili lime chickpeas

My goodness - this is my 1000:th blogpost! Wow! Time sure flies when you're having fun...

Today, I have a small side dish for you. I am not a fan of chickpeas (or any peas or beans, with few exceptions) but I'm trying to get around to liking them. This dish was actually really good, even my husband liked it and he hates chickpeas with a passion. So - it's worth trying !

Garlic, Lime & Ginger Chickpeas

1 can of chickpeas (400 g)
a thumbsized piece of fresh ginger
1 lime - the zest and the juice
1-2 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
sea salt
chilli flakes

Rinse the chickpeas very well to get rid of the "can"-flavour. Drain.

Grate garlic and ginger, and mix with the lime zest, lime juice and olive oil. Stir in the chickpeas and season with salt and chilli.

Recipe in Swedish:
Kikärter med vitlök, lime och ingefära

No comments:

Post a Comment