Tuesday, January 1, 2008

This year, I dare.. what, exactly?

knackebrod1

For the past two years, I've made foodie new year's resolutions, choosing five things that I want to make in the coming year. That has gone.. well, not so well the past year. In fact, I've only managed to make one of the five things. That, my friends, that... sucks. So I'll have to finish off the backlog, obviously, and to be honest, there's a few things left from 2006 too.

In 2006, I promised:
-Budapest Roll
-Roast Chicken
-Gnocchi (tried once, with disastrous results. Must try again.)
-Real veal stock (ummm... still haven't researched where I can get veal bones.)
-Penne alla vodka

And last year, I promised this:
-Sushi (Nope, didn't get around to that)
-Chokladbiskvier (I've come quite far with that one - so far as to get my neighbor's favorite recipe AND borrow her almond grinder. So, soon, I hope!)
-Glace au Four. (At least I have a recipe. That I look at from time to time.)
-Vegetarian Week (this was just a bad idea, I think I'll scrap it. It's not much of a challenge, since we eat a lot of vegetarian food, but it doesn't hold much excitement either.)
-Swedish Crisp Bread. In fact, I made it twice.

So, this year? I have a few ideas. Not very many though, so I figured I might take requests! What do YOU want me to make this year? Leave a comment and let me know!

To start this new year off fresh, I have a new profile picture - taken last night, feeling festive and pretty, so I hope you like it! I had at least one reader e-mail me last year (ha! It wasn't very long ago) and saying that I looked so sad in the previous picture so, hey, time for a change.

And I want to direct you to two of my favorite food blogs that I discovered in 2007. If you haven't seen them already, you're in for a treat. Me, I'm happily browsning through their archives, giggling aloud at their great writing, and marvelling at their pretty pictures and detailed instructions. I really love both - they're similar in one way, but very different in others. Witout further ado, I give you:

The Pioneer Woman Cooks

and

French Laundry At Home

Go on. Try them for yourself. Maybe you'll find new favorites as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment