Friday, April 4, 2008

Rustic Potato Chowder

potato chowder

I've had this soup bookmarked on del.icio.us for absolutely ever, but I finally made it a few days ago. It's a very thick potato chowder, and it comes from 101cookbooks where you can read the recipe. I didn't change a thing, except using actual bacon instead of fake bacon, and I used Vasterbotten cheese instead of gruyère. Yummy, by the way. Oh, and I mixed some of my soup to make it thicker and smoother.

It wasn't a complete success - as the soup cooked, the milk seemed to separate and curdle slightly. Some of that went away after I mixed it, but it was still a little bit grainy. If I make this again, I'll probably use water the cook the potatoes and just use milk to thin the soup when it's done. And I know that probably takes away from the whole chowder thing, but if it makes it better, who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment