Friday, September 26, 2008

Earl Grey Vanilla Cookies

earlgreykakor

This is one of my favorite cookies, and I've written about them before but I haven't posted the recipe. It's definitely about time! I first found it through a Sugar High Friday event, where the theme was tea, and Linda from At Our Table made these. I think they might originally be from Martha Stewart though. The recipe is so easy, and you can even freeze the dough and have it hand for whenever the cookie monster strikes. Or just freeze the finished cookies. They hold up extremely well, and I've given these to many instead of flowers, as hostess gifts. I've even mailed them!

I know it sounds weird to have tea in cookies, but do give them a try. They really are lovely!

Earl Grey Vanilla Cookies
500 ml (2 cups) flour
125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
125 ml (1/2 cup) powdered sugar
6 Earl Grey teabags
1 tsp vanilla sugar or vanilla extract
1 tsp water
200 g butter, unsalted

Use a food processor, and blitz the tea from all teabags with the sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla sugar if using, and flour. If you're using vanilla extract, add this now, with the butter and water. Let the machine work it into a nice dough. If it's too dry, add another teaspoon of water, if it's too wet, add a little more flour.

Shape into sausages, wrap in plastic, and leave in the fridge or freezer to firm up for at least a couple of hours, or overnight.

Bake at 180°C for about 10 minutes.

Recipe in Swedish:
Småkakor med Earl Grey & vanilj

No comments:

Post a Comment