Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New best friends

assistent2

I somehow seem to be fairly good at winning things. My latest feat - an Electrolux Kitchen Assistant. This is sadly not an actual assistant (that would have been swell) but it's the Swedish version of the Kitchen-Aid: a stand mixer that's changed very little design-wise since the 1950:s or so.

assistent1

Nice, isn't it? I wouldn't have bought one myself, being so in love with my Kitchen-Aid, but as this one was a prize, I'll definitely keep it. I haven't tried it yet, and I frankly don't plan on using it a whole lot, but I think it'll come in handy for baking bread or yeasted doughs in general. It's a lot bigger and stronger than the Kitchen-Aid, and while I don't think it'll make a killer meringue or a super buttercream, I do think it'll work a bread dough well and good.

From a very brief inspection, I have to say - I had a hard time figuring out how to even place the attachments, and everything seems a little bit loose (especially the lid, which doesn't fit very well at all). But - never look a gift kitchen appliance in the mouth!

What did I do to deserve it then? Well, it was a photo competition over at a Swedish discussion forum about food, Matforum. I won with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment