Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My favorite Guacamole

guacamole-070526

I know, I've told you about this before, but being summer and all, I think it doesn't hurt to repeat. It's such a great recipe. And such a great dish. I can easily eat guacamole with almost anything - and any time. My favorite though, is probably just as a dip with nice, salty corn chips.

Anne's Guacamole

2-3 ripe avocados
handful of cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
juice of 1 lime or half a lemon
1 large bunch coriander, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Mash the avocados. I use a nifty handheld immersion blender. Add the garlic. Mash some more. Add the lime, the salt and the pepper. Add the tomatoes, and decide if you like the texture or if you'd like to thin it out a little bit with some creme fraiche. Finish with the coriander, and that's all there is to it. Enjoy on corn chips.

Please, if you've got a favorite recipe for guacamole - do share! I'd love to hear it!

Recipe in Swedish:
Guacamole

No comments:

Post a Comment