Monday, July 30, 2007

Some great copycat recipes

buttermilkbiscuits

It's been a while since I posted one of these! Here are three brilliant recipes I've found on other food blogs lately.

Buttermilk biscuits is a real favorite - I made it for Fourth of July with fried chicken, and they were absolutely delicious. I especially liked them with the Canadian maple butter Jeff and Brad brought us when they visited in June! This recipe is from Nook & Pantry.

roastedsalsa

Roasted tomato salsa, from 101 Cookbooks. This was also for the Fourth of July, actually. And very tasty indeed! I used regular dried chillies and chipotle sauce to flavor it, rather than chipotles in adobo or guajillo peppers.

peanutnoodlesalad

Peanut Noodle Salad from Cloudberry Quark. Oh wow. This was just a fabulous, fabulous dinner. I really liked it - definitely one to try again. And again. I served it with some sliced beef on top, and it was just delicious. I used dried chillies rather than fresh, and red onions rather than scallions. Feel free to substitute as you see fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment