Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Unnecessary Wishlist, part 1

My friend Lena brought me back a Williams-Sonoma catalog from her trip to the US. Very nice to leaf through, but as I don't have a) a store anywhere remotely close, nor do they ship internationally b) unlimited kitchen space or c) tons of money, I won't be buying anything.

However, it was fun to make up a wishlist of stuff I'd perhaps get IF I had the space, money and chance. An unnecessary wishlist of fun gadgets, none of which I really need. Let's begin!

bagetteplat or baguette pan

This is a baguette baking pan, for making nice, French bread. And wow, I really want one of these! (In fact, I'm trying to find one around here - this I can find place for!)

bannetonbasket

Williams-Sonoma calls this a Banneton Basket. I want one for letting my bread loaves prove, getting that lovely round basket shape. In fact, I want two.

batterdispenser

My pancakes are never perfectly round. But with this handy batter dispenser, they would be!

bugscakeletpan

This is just adorable, the Backyard Bugs Cakelet Pan. I want to make cute cakes too!

caprilinen

This Capri Linen tablecloth is really nice - I'd love to have this for my outdoor table. And matching chair pads too!

cornzipper

Here's a real gadget - the Corn Zipper. Can't be good for much, except for.. zipping corn. Which I bet it's great at.

herbsnips

Herb Snips! Yes, you *could* use your regular kitchen shears, but... this looks handier. And it has a stripper for removing the leaves from tough stems, like thyme and rosemary.

icecreamsandwichmold

Aren't these the cutest? They're ice cream sandwich molds, and I could go ooh and aah over them all day. Not that I've ever made ice cream sandwiches, mind you...

icingspatula

This I really want, an Icing Spatula. I use a silicon paddle thing for icing, but as this is so long, I bet it's much easier to get a smooth surface.

juliennemandolin

A Kyocera Julienne Mandolin would sure come in handy sometimes! I have a straight mandolin just like this one, and I really like that it's so small and convenient to store. (As opposed to my old, huge mandolin!) It's also really sharp, and it has a ceramic blade.

kitchenaidfruitveggie

Kitchen-Aid accessories are great - I wish I had more! This handy Fruit & Vegetable Strainer would make puréeing a breeze!

kitchenaidpasta

Although I think I'd get the Pasta Rollers first - if only they weren't so darn expensive. And come to think of it, my old hand-cranked pasta machine does work just fine... sigh.

Part two to come in a few days! (Yes, there's more!)

All photos from Williams-Sonoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment