Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cod with Pesto & Tomatoes

torskryggpesto

I don't eat nearly enough fish - but I'm always on the lookout for nice, easy recipes. I guess part of it is that I don't like to handle fish very much - at least not if it doesn't come ready-prepared, so I don't have to fiddle with skin, bones and such. I know, I should get better at this - but for now, I'm happily buying frozen cod, and that will do very nicely for this little recipe. My favorite cut is the cod "back" - a thickish piece of fish, that's more substantial than traditional fillets.

Cod with Pesto & Tomatoes
Serves 2

2 pieces of cod "back"
2 tomatoes, preferrably homegrown or at least as local as you can get them
4 tsp pesto

Slice the tomatoes and arrange on two pieces of foil. Add a teaspoon of pesto to each serving. Cover with the fish, and drizzle with more pesto. Carefully fold the foil into a tight package, and bake at 200°C for about 10-15 minutes. Serve with boiled potatoes.

Recipe in Swedish:
Torskrygg med pesto och tomater

No comments:

Post a Comment