Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fire Roasted Corn Salsa with Feta Cheese

fire roasted corn salsa

I told you about Cook Sister's event Waiter, there's something in my.. meatless barbecue a while ago. All I said was that I love barbecued corn, but I feel that I have to specify a bit more. As much as I love the whole cob, slathered in butter, there's something better. Oh yes. There is. Something with just a few ingredients, but with the most amazing flavor. And that, my friends, is my entry for this event.

Granted, it's not really a main dish. It could be though - I'd certainly be happy with just one big bowl of this for dinner. But more often, we serve it with a hunk of meat, some roasted potatoes, some barbecue sauce. And so should you. Now, excuse me, I have some urgent cravings to attend to...

Fire Roasted Corn Salsa with Feta Cheese

2 fresh corn cobs
neutral oil
1 tbsp olive oil
the juice of 1 lime
large handful of coriander
75-100 g feta cheese

Brush the corn with some neutral oil and barbecue them for 20-30 minutes on low or medium heat. Cut off the kernels, and mix with olive oil, lime, coriander and finish with crumbled feta cheese. Enjoy!

Recipe in Swedish:
Grillad majssalsa med fetaost

No comments:

Post a Comment