Thursday, August 9, 2007

Hattori Sushi Devil, again

sushihattori-070716
My plate, an order of Ginza. 8 different pieces of sushi.

I know, I've told you before. The best sushi in Stockholm. It's at Hattori Sushi Devil. For sure. And I'm not just saying that because head chef Peter Forsberg happens to be my brother in law - they really *are* the best.

peterhattori-070716-1
Peter, scooping up my very favorite: squid salad

We eat there regularly, though not as often as I would really like to. They have a very small restaurant with just a few seats, so unless you're planning on takeaway, be prepared to wait for a while or avoid the lunch hour. Everything is made a la minute, which means that yes, it will take longer, but you won't get any boring, dried-out sushi that you won't want to eat anyway. It's well worth it.

misohattori-070716
Beautiful miso - always included

Unfortunately, no sushi bars in Sweden are allowed to serve alcohol (becuase according to Swedish law, you can only serve alcohol if you have a hot kitchen), so the drinks are limited to water, green tea (free) and Firefly which is a pretty cool drink.

firefly

Peter mixes his own flavored soy - there's a ginger, one with shiitake, one with bonito (smoked tuna) and my favorite, a citrusy one that I think has yuzu in it.

The guys are really getting recognition - several papers and magazines have written about them, and they're being asked to cater a lot of big functions. Well, as long as I can get my sushi fix, I'm really happy for them. It's well deserved!

Hattori Sushi Devil
Tegnérgatan 43 (Subway: Rådmansgatan)
08-22 44 00

No comments:

Post a Comment