Sunday, March 23, 2008

Food in Spain

paella maresco
A gorgeous paella maresco, paella with seafood, at Darsena restaurant in Torre de la Horadada. Highly recommended!

I have to show you some of the food we ate in Spain! Granted, I only had my pocket camera, so it's not perhaps the best shots - but still, it'll give you some idea.

churros
Churros, delicious sugary treats that are somewhat like donuts - a dough is piped directly into bubbling oil, and fried until golden. It's then dusted with sugar and eaten right away. I bought these at one of the markets we went to.

bocadillo con manchego
A humble, but oh-so-good, bocadillo con mancheco, a sandwich with manchego cheese. Eaten at a small café on the square behind the Alicante food market.

birthday cake
Birthday cake for Marita, a friend of my parents, at Bodegón La Pena in Pilar de la Horadada. Totally delicious - it had layers of white cake, chocolate cake, cream, chocolate mousse, and was topped with caramel and red currants.

cordero asado
Cordero asado - grilled lamb - at the same restaurant as above. Simple and greasy, but totally tasty. We had some mixed starters as well, and the gambas al ajillo - shrimp with garlic - were my favorites by far.

flan
Flan. I admit to not being a huge fan, this is a little too wobbly for my taste. We ate this at a wok buffet close to my parents house. Not fancy, but surprisingly good and fresh food.

No comments:

Post a Comment