Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pico de Gallo

picodegallo2

Is today over yet? Almost? Oh, good. Because it has *not* been a good day. No particular reason, except I've been stressing beyond belief, trying to get everything ready for our big meeting tomorrow. That meeting, the one where I needed to fix an "American" buffet. So I've been shopping, planning and prepping, doing all kinds of things, including a triple batch of chocolate chip cookies, and blue cheese dip with carrot and celery sticks, and a big bowl of pasta salad as per Jason's suggestion. Main food will be bagels with pastrami - probably not very authentic pastrami, but at least it says so on the package. I hope people will be reasonably happy!

And speaking of happy. I recently discovered Pico de Gallo, this simple but very bright-flavoured mixture of tomoatoes, onions, lime and cilantro. Oh god, it's so good. I know I'll be making it over and over again this summer because there can be nothing better with barbecue than this.

picodegallo

Pico de Gallo

5 medium tomatoes
1-2 jalapeños
1 yellow onion
1 large bunch fresh coriander
1-2 limes, juiced
salt

Chop the tomatoes, jalapeño and onion. Let the tomatoes drain off a little in a sieve if they're very juicy. Finely chop the coriander. Mix everything, add lime, season with salt.

Told you it was simple.

Recipe in Swedish:
Pico de Gallo

No comments:

Post a Comment