Thursday, April 23, 2009

Better, fluffy pancakes

fluffypancakes

A while ago, I asked for help. I needed a new recipe for pancakes - the fluffy kind. The ones I had made previously just weren't very good - and they sure weren't fluffy enough. Dear reader dp gave me a recipe that I tried - and made again, and again. Sorry - I never did get around to the other recipes, because this one was just the way I wanted. It's perfect! The trick is using both baking powder and baking soda, so don't leave one of them out!

I serve this with crispy bacon and maple syrup, but I'm sure it'll be great with fruity stuff as well. I just happen to think that pancakes with bacon is such an incredible food...

Better, fluffy pancakes
10-12 small pancakes

250 ml (1 cup) buttermilk or Swedish filmjolk (I use "lättfil")
2 tbsp neutral oil
1 egg

2 tbsp sugar
250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Whisk all of the wet ingredients, and add them to the dry ones. Stir until smooth, and then fry small pancakes on medium heat in some butter. Turn when they're starting to look a bit dry on the surface.

Recipe in Swedish:
Fluffiga pannkakor

No comments:

Post a Comment