Friday, April 24, 2009

Coconut Crisp Muffins

coconutcrispmuffins

Here's the recipe I promised you weeks ago - the amazing muffin my friend Jisan made. I finally got around to making them myself - and they really are delicious. And really quick and easy to make, as most muffins are.

You can use buttermilk, filmjolk or yogurt in these - Jisan particularly recommends vanilla yogurt, if you have it. As for coconut, the original recipe called for a bit more, but I only had a certain amount, so I used that. I also used more butter in the topping at first, but it turned out a bit too oily so I tweaked that down a bit, too.

They keep well in a close-lidded container for at least a day or two, but I don't know if they'll last that long!

Coconut Crisp Muffins
Based on a recipe from Dagens Muffin
16 normal-sized muffins

50 ml unsweetened coconut
120 g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
200 g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
50 ml neutral oil
100 ml buttermilk/filmjolk/yogurt

Crispy topping:
75 g butter
100 g sugar
200 ml unsweetened coconut flakes

Mix all ingredients for the topping in a saucepan. Let the butter melt, and mix well.

Mix coconut, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add vanilla extract, oil, eggs and buttermilk/filmjolk/yogurt. Stir carefully, and don't overmix.

Place muffin liners in a muffin tin, or use double liners. Half-fill the liners - don't attempt to fit in more, because they will rise quite a bit! Add about a teaspoon of topping to each.

Bake at 200° for about 10 minutes. Be careful not to burn the topping.

Recipe in Swedish:
Kokosmuffins med topping

No comments:

Post a Comment