Monday, May 14, 2007

Ahhh...

I just came back from a half-day with my mom at Hasseludden Yasuragi. (Which was a birthday present - from last year! - from my brother.) It's a Japanese-style spa, with hot springs, and I'm completely beat. We started with a traditional washing, then a few rounds in the pool. We sat in their outside hot springs, with a wonderful view of the Stockholm archipelago. Then we had classes - first Do In which is a sort of self-massage, and then an introduction to Qi Gong. After that, we relaxed for an hour, with juices and fresh fruit, and after that: dinner. I didn't bring my camera (it wouldn't have fit in my yakuta anyway, the kimono-style bath robe we wore for the entire stay) so no photos I'm afraid. Dinner started with some miso soup and sushi - shrimp and salmon nigiri, maki shiitake and chives, and maki saffron marinated salmon with grilled onions. Then fried vegetable gyozas with a hot chilli dipping sauce, and pickled eggplant, which was so-so. The gyozas were great though! Our main course was beef tenderloin on grilled vegetables with teriyaki sauce and rice. For dessert, a small cup of baked chocolate cream, topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit.

Aaah. I'm *so* ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment