Thursday, May 3, 2007

Gyozas from Wagamama

gyozas

I finally broke in my Wagamama cookbook, and made gyozas, and yaki-soba over the weekend. (More on that another day.) The gyozas are filled with chicken, cabbage and water chestnuts, and served with chilli-garlic dipping sauce. It was my first time making these, and let's just say it wasn't fun, nor easy. I was really not in the mood, and I was ready to throw out the entire lot of irritatingly ragged and torn little dumplings, but I decided to give it a go and steam them and.. well, what do you know? They taste great!

No recipe though. I'll probably experiment a bit with fillings, this was a bit too mild. And I think I'd like some ginger in the sauce. But I'll be back on this subject, promise!

And for now, check out this recipe for "Pelmeenid" - sort of gyozas, but from Estonia. (Or from Russia, possibly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment