Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Wedding

tesseodanne
The happy couple, Tesse and Danne

DSC_0293
The cake!

DSC_0287
Another shot of the cake, or well, the three cakes. (And there's a spare in the fridge.)

starter
And the food - the starter was this cheesecake with red onions, topped with bleak roe. It's on a bed of aragula (rocket) and served with a herb oil. Lena made it for our Twelwth night menu, and the recipe is posted here. (In Swedish.)

varm
Slow-cooked beef tenderloin with potato au gratin and a chanterelle sauce

dessert
And for dessert, vanilla ice cream with strawberry sauce

It was a wonderful day and a great party! Must admit that I'm a bit tired now, but it was all worth it. I'm really pleased with how the cakes finally turned out - but let me just say that for my birthday tomorrow, I'm BUYING a cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment