Monday, February 18, 2008

A little help, please...

I have to compose a small buffet, for about 40 people. The limits are like this:

-It must feel American. The people eating won't be American, but the theme of the meeting is the US election.
-It must be served at room temperature - there's a tiny kitchen and no chance of re-heating anything.
-It's not a full dinner, more of a filling snack

What I know so far is this:
-bagels with cream cheese, smoked turkey or salmon, sliced red onions and tomatoes
-cole slaw
-pickles (possibly?)

and cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies with coffee.

but I really, really need suggestions for what else I can add - maybe some salad? I'd love to hear your thoughts here, and if you have any favorite recipes, I'll gladly hear those, too. (Cheesecake and bagels will be ordered - I'm NOT baking this time. Just the cookies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment