Monday, February 11, 2008

Pork Piccata

porkpiccata

Gordon Ramsay is a really good cook, and I have several of his cookbooks. However, they generally don't make me feel like "oooh, I want to make this RIGHT NOW". Well, I borrowed "Fast Food - Recipes from the F word" from my library and that all changed. Part of it might have been that I only had the book for a limited time, I suppose, but whatever the reason, I've been cooking a LOT from this book for the past few weeks. And everything's been delicious! Certainly a book to recommend!

Gordon suggested a veal piccata. Great, except I couldn't find veal at my store, so I bought simple pork chops instead, and prepared them the same way. Deeee-lish. Really, it was so good! We had them with gnocchi, much like we did with Nigella's mustard chops, and that turned out to be a great - and quick - combination. I didn't follow the instructions to the letter, but here's how I made them:

Pork Piccata
Serves 2

2 large pork chops
olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
salt, black pepper
thyme (fresh if you've got it, but dried will work)
100 ml white wine
1 tbsp capers
3 tbsp crème fraîche

Fry the chops in the oil on high heat until they're nicely browned. Lower the heat and keep on frying. It might take a while, especially if your chops are thick. After a few minutes, add the garlic - minced, with thyme, salt and pepper. When the chops are cooked through, remove them to a plate.

Pour the wine into the pan to deglaze it. Bring to a boil and let it reduce a little, add the crème fraîche and the capers. Season with salt and pepper, and serve straight away with the chops and freshly cooked pasta or potato gnocchi.

Recipe in Swedish:
Karrékotlett Piccata

No comments:

Post a Comment