Sunday, March 22, 2009

Do you eat enough fiber?

axafiberlunch-0901

Probably not. I know I don't. At least now I know, I should say, because I attended a talk about fiber hosted by Axa, a Swedish producer of various grain products. They've recently launched two lines of functional food, one which is more heart-friendly and one which is more digestion-friendly, and had a lunch to present these new products.

axafiber

The products are perfectly fine, but what really stuck in my mind was this tray. It shows how much fiber we should eat. Daily.

thismuchfiber

That's one serving of fiber-rich pasta. One serving of müesli. Three pieces of fruit. A carrot. Two slices of crisp bread, and one of dark rye. And a serving of chickpeas or other fiber-rich pulses. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty happy if I just have coarse bread with my breakfast. This was an eye-opener!

Not one that's likely to change my eating habits though, since I'm pretty happy with my fiber intake, but perhaps it's worth considering if you're having digestion or heart issues - fiber can be really good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment