Sunday, November 25, 2007

Cooking up a storm!

Just a really quick note today - I'm busy in the kitchen, preparing a turkey and lots of food for a Thanksgiving dinner tonight with my family. I know it's not the proper date, but as it's not a holiday here, well - this is as close as we get!

To start off, I'm serving some spiced almonds, cashews and macadamias. The menu looks like this:

-Roasted turkey
-Roasted potatoes
-Cream sauce (from a carton, I'm afraid. I'm not Martha.)
-Apple Fennel Salad
-Sweet Potato Gratin
-Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and bacon - using a recipe from Rachel Ray
-Apple Chutney, Maple Butter, Lingonberry Jam, Chilli Jelly - whatever condiments I can dig out from the fridge, essentially.
-tiny bread rolls

And for dessert, a nut truffle tart, that looks delicious in my fridge right now.

Yes - no stuffing, no cranberry sauce. We've tried. Not fans. So why bother?

No comments:

Post a Comment