Monday, November 19, 2007

Tomatin Whisky

tomatin

It'll be a short post today. I'm in an all-day meeting, for the local parliament. (For the record, the food isn't all that.. lunch was nice though - baked salmon with rice and I think some kind of lime-wasabi sauce.)

Anyway. Whisky! I rather like whisky, but not as much as my husband who's a big fan. Only single malt makes it into our cupboard though, and it's pretty much just Scottish ones. (Although I snuck in an Irish one a while ago.) This one is pretty new to at least the Swedish market, but Tomatin is a big distillery, and they've produced a lot for different kinds of blender whiskies.

It's really smooth - and like all highlands, not especially peaty or smokey. It has a nice sherry finish, and I really recommend this to anyone who likes whisky, but does NOT like the overly smokey ones from Islay. (Personally, I think they're way too smokey - sort of reminiscent of licking an ashtray. Not very appealing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment