Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Foodie Gifts: Velveeta



It's a custom to give little rhymes with your christmas presents, so that the reciever can guess what he or she is getting, before opening the package. My family has never employed this habit, but many people do. Lena is one of them.

She was recently in Washington, and came home with a christmas present for yours truly. The rhyme was - in Swedish: "Tomten vet vad du vill ha - något gult från USA". This translates - roughly - into "Santa knows just what you want - something yellow from USA." (And yes, it does rhyme in Swedish.)

It was a block of Velveeta! I'm SO happy! I love fake cheese stuff - Kraft Mac & Cheese truly is one of my favorite foods ever. And I'm being serious here. (Might have something to do with it being virtually impossible to get here.) So, Velveeta.. thank you Lena. Great present! I have to make something really "worthy" with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment