Sunday, January 29, 2006

IMBB #22 - Chocolate Noodles



When I told Per I was thinking about making chocolate pasta for Is My Blog Burning, he shook his head and looked at me like I was crazy. I persisted, but when I actually made it - he told me that he had misunderstood. He thought I would be boiling regular pasta, and dipping it in chocolate. Huh. Yeah, I wouldn't have been so thrilled with that idea, either.

However, I figured that this installment of IMBB - Use Your Noodle - would gain mostly savory entries, and I really wanted to try something different. So, dessert it would be, sweet pasta was on the menu, and I was going for chocolate. I got the basic idea from Alexandra Zazzi's cookbook - she's a talented pasta chef, but is probably best known for the fact that she was the second winner (and first female) to win Survivor. Anyway. I tweaked quantities a bit, and made just enough for me and Per. Or so I thought, it turned out to be a bit more than that - it'll probably comfortably feed four. You really just want a little bit - it's very filling. I can think of thousandes of things to serve with it (orange segments in caramel, toasted nuts, coconut maybe, pineapple, fresh strawberries..) but settled on a simple raspberry sauce and lightly sweetened whipped cream. Yum.

Chocolate Pasta
serves 4

40 g flour
40 g cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 tbsp powdered sugar
1 teeny pinch of salt
1 egg
1 tsp neutral oil

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the middle, and add the egg and the oil. Stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together, then use your hands to make a firm, smooth, elastic dough. Wrap it in plastic and let it rest for at least half an hour.

Then bring out your pasta maker (yeah, it's probably in the very back of some cupboard) and roll it out to desired thickness. Cut into tagliatelle, and boil in UN-salted water for two minutes. Serve immediately!

Tagged with: +

Chokladpasta

No comments:

Post a Comment