Monday, February 13, 2006

Chocolate mousse



This is the simplest chocolate mousse in the world. And, as it happens, one of the tastiest, too. I've written about it before - but I never had a good photo, so when I happened to make this for dessert last night, I thought I'd re-post it right in times for Valentine's Day. (Besides, I've fiddled a little bit with it.)

Chocolate Mousse

250 g dark chocolate (this time, I used a mix of my trusty Chocovic, some cheap stuff I had laying around, and some Michel Cluizel with a subtle coffee flavor)
300 ml double cream
3 eggs
3 1/2 Tbsp sugar (50 ml)
1-2 Tbsp flavoring - you can use your favorite liquor (this works well with whiskey or rum, or Kahlua, Amaretto or Frangelico) or coffee. Or nothing. I used Macallan single malt whiskey.

Melt the chocolate in a waterbath or in the nicrowave. Let it cool don a little bit. Beat the eggs with the sugar until you have a very pale yellow fluff. Beat the cream until it holds soft peaks. Add the chocolate and the flavoring to the eggs, stir well to combine. Gently fold in the cream. Spoon into glasses or ramekins and place in the fridge for at least four hours.

Chokladmousse

No comments:

Post a Comment