Monday, February 20, 2006

Tomato Sauce for Gnocchi all'Amatriciana



This is one of the first recipes I tried from my chrismas present, the Gourmet Cookbook. I didn't make my own gnocchi (yet!) but I did make this tasty sauce. It was really good, and I'll gladly make it again, both for Gnocchi and for regular pasta.

Tomato Sauce all'Amatriciana
adapted from the Gourmet Cookbook

1 tsp olive oil
140 g bacon, finely chopped
1 large red onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
500 g crushed tomatoes
100 ml water
pinch of sugar
pinch of salt

Heat the oil in a small saucepan, and fry the bacon and onion until it has some color. Add the garlic. Add the tomatoes, water, salt and sugar, and let it simmer for about 30 minutes or until it has reduced a bit and thickened. Serve over freshly boiled gnocchi or pasta.

Tomatsås All'Amatriciana

No comments:

Post a Comment