Monday, October 15, 2007

Cinnamon Chicken & Orange Cous-Cous

cinnamon chicken

Seriously, Monday again? Already? I feel like it's not even weekend yet - I'm stuck in last week! Which was really busy. And I have spent my weekend cleaning out old stuff - bags and bags of clothes, and a *huge* amount of make-up. It feels really good - and not only because there is now more room for new stuff! It's really liberating to get rid of stuff - and come on, if you haven't used it for a year (or two, three, five...) you probably won't use it much in the future either.

Now, I should do the same with my kitchen cupboards, I have a feeling some things may be lurking in the back... And I have a perfect occasion coming up soon - I'm hosting another Tupperware party on Sunday (anyone wants to come, just e-mail me! You're all very welcome!) and I'll order some more containers, to properly organize.

Now, for some recipes! I made this tasty chicken and cous-cous a while ago, when my sister came to dinner. It was really delicious! I served it with a great red onion chutney - but I'll save that for tomorrow!

Cinnamon Chicken
serves 4

1 kilo of chicken pieces, preferrably thighs, but use your favorite
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp flaky sea salt
1 tsp black pepper

Mix all ingredients, and let the chicken marinate for at least a few hours. When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake the chicken in the oven for 30-40 minutes until it's cooked through and the skin is browned and crispy.

Orange Cous-Cous
Serves 4

500 ml (2 cups) cous-cous
500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock or water
150 ml orange juice
1 tsp flaky sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1-2 tsp cumin
100 ml almonds, coarsely chopped

Start by toasting the almonds in a dry frying pan. Set aside when they're nicely toasted.

Put the cous-cous in a bowl, and add salt, black pepper and cumin. Bring the stock and the orange juice to a boil, and pour this over the cous-cous. Cover with palstic foil and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and stir in the almonds.

Recipe in Swedish:
Kanelkyckling med apelsincous-cous

No comments:

Post a Comment