Monday, October 27, 2008

Blogging by mail: lots of goodies from the US!

bbm-0810-8

It's been another fun round of Blogging by Mail hosted by the lovely Stephanie of Dispensing Happiness! I got a wonderful package from Melody at My Trap Door which was filled to the brim with delightful stuff. First thing I pulled out was not edible, but it sure smelled that way! It's a scented candle, aptly named Champagne Dessert.

bbm-0810-7

I was super excited to get more non-edible things - they last longer! I got these really cool people-shaped push pins!

bbm-0810-1

And these gorgeous orange comma-shaped plates. I adore small plates, they're so useful and so much fun. My husband doesn't exactly feel the same way which mean I have to sneak them in - but not when they're gifts!

bbm-0810-6

Isn't this adorable? An egg whisk to cheer me up on not-so-cheerful mornings. I love it.

bbm-0810-3

On to the edibles. I haven't had Peeps since I was in high school, but oh my goodness, they're great. I ate one right away, but will leave the rest to firm up a bit - they're best when they're a little stale. Oh, and I have to microwave one, too!

bbm-0810-2

Completely new to me - cappuccino chips! I was really excited to recieve this, because we actually don't have anything like this here. No chips. except for the potato variety. No chocolate chips, no peanut butter morsels, no butterscotch chips, nothing. (Ok, I buy some of my baking chocolate in chip-shapes at a specialty store, but that's one particular kind of chocolate only.) This will definitely be put to good use - I'm thinking cookies and blondies to start with, and if I can stretch the bag far enough, brownies too.

bbm-0810-5

I like Lindt chocolate a lot, but I've never seen this kind before. It's dark chocolate with chili, and cherry filling! I'm a real sucker for anything cherry, and this was no exception. Delicious!

bbm-0810-4

This was a huge surprise! I've been wanting a bottle of raspberry chipotle sauce for ages - since I visited my friend Rebecca several years ago, and she served this with cream cheese on crackers. It's been on my wishlist since I started this blog, and I was so incredibly excited to finally get it! Yeay!

bbm-0810-9

And for similar excitement.. Melody knew how much I liked Velveeta - my guiltiest pleasure.

bbm-0810-10

So much she sent me TWO packages! And the second one seems like perfection - spicy! I can't wait to get some tortilla chips and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment