Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Daring Bakers: Pizza Tossing Time!

DSC_0026

It seems to have been a while since I started off a Daring Bakers post with this, but: I cheated. Yes, I sure did. By not making the dough. Instead, I sneakingly suggested to Dagmar that we'd make the pizza together one sunny Sunday afternoon, and she happily agreed. And made the dough. So, no real comments on how it came together, but it was definitely nice to work with and easy enough to shape.

DSC_0065

Not to toss though. We tossed, and tossed, in order to get good photos but it did absolutely nothing for the pizza bases that had to be re-shaped from scratch after the tossing. And no, it did not get easier as we went along.

DSC_0066

We topped our pizzas with all kinds of goodies - salami, smoked ham, mozzarella, tomato sauce, arugula, fresh mushrooms, red onion... delicious! And we baked them on our iPinium oven sheets - they work much as baking stones, since they have superior heat retention. It worked very nicely to give a nice, crusty base.

DSC_0067

So, challengewise - this wasn't the tastiest pizza crust I've tried, and I think I'll be sticking with my Jamie Oliver recipe until I find a super-good one, but it was perfectly fine. And while not extremely challenging, pizza is not something I make a lot either, so it was fun! And it was *very* much fun to share the challenge with Dagmar! For more fun photos, and her post, go here!

pink_db

You can find the recipes here, the blogroll here, and the discussion forums - open to everyone! - here.

No comments:

Post a Comment