Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

dagmarstomater

In a way, it's a little odd that so many people around the world care so much about an election they can't vote in. Then again, it's not odd at all, because the president of the United States is without a doubt one of the most influental persons in the world. And I daresay that US politics affects us all - often as much, or more, than domestic policy.

So, today is a big day. And I feel that it's a win-win - I'm still upset I never got an "anyone but Bush"-shirt. If I could vote, I'd vote for Obama - but I think McCain has some good ideas as well. (Palin on the other hand... not so much.) Anyway. We're having an election party at my work tonight (remember, I work in Swedish politics) and we'll definitely be rooting for Obama.

I'm not so surprisingly in charge of the food, which has mostly meant shopping. We'll be offering chicken wings, barbecued ribs, barbecue sauces, potato salad, potato chips, peanuts and pretzel sticks. All of which are, I'm sorry to say, store-bought. I am however right in the middle of baking a double batch of chocolate chip cookies, so there'll be at least something home made.

The photo? That's of a big bowl of home-grown tomatoes (no, not mine - Dagmar's) and in a way I think it symbolizes the way I feel about politics. Not two persons are alike - we are all individuals, and we should all have the right to make decisions for ourselves. (Oh, and also? Some are more mature than others.) :)

Get out there and vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment